With the Brazilian General Data Protection Law (LGPD) having come into force in August 2020, the Brazilian National Data Protection Authority (ANPD) is already structured and the sanctions provided for in such Law are expected to be applied from August 2021. As such, we emphasize that the matter of Privacy and Data Protection calls for maximum attention. Accordingly, we would like to present some information about our practice regarding Privacy and Data protection.
Our Data Privacy, Technology and Cybersecurity area is led by Tatiana Campello and Eduardo Magrani. In line with the ever-changing legal landscape, we have brought together a group of highly specialized lawyers who advise clients, in a practical and efficient way, on various topics, including Digital Law, Data Protection and Artificial Intelligence (A.I).
The following are just some of the services we provide:
- Mapping of personal data flows, recommendations regarding the appropriate legal grounds and risk mitigation;
- Drafting and revision of various documents, policies and contracts;
- Consulting on personal data breach incidents, advising our clients in a preventive capacity as well as during the course of incidents;
- Crisis management resulting from security incidents and preparing notification of security incidents to the National Data Protection Authority and data subjects;
- Training and capacity building on legal norms and organizational policies on data processing, use and information sharing;
- Legal advice on marketing practices involving personal data, use of personal data in regulated sectors and on the use of databases (big data) and technologies related to the Internet of Things (IoT);
- Consultancy and measures related to electronic crimes and fraud on the Internet, as well as the analysis, extraction and preservation of electronic evidence and defenses in administrative and judicial proceedings.
We will be pleased to schedule a meeting to clarify any aspect.