- PERSONAL DATA, MEANS OF COLLECTION AND PROCESSING PURPOSE
“Personal data” means information about an identified or identifiable natural person.
“Processing” means any operation carried out with Personal Data such as that relating to the collection, production, reception, classification, use, access, reproduction, transmission, distribution, handling, filing, storage, disposal, evaluation or control of information, modification, communication, transfer, dissemination or extraction;
The Processing of your Personal Data may be performed by Demarest through your consent, where applicable, on various media, by legal, regulatory, contractual or other obligations. Demarest may require you to provide written consent or confirm your consent by any means where necessary.
The purpose of the Processing of your Personal Data collected is to enable and/or improve the provision of legal services for which Demarest was hired, as well as:
- To identify and/or offer you relevant content about a particular preference and/or interest expressed by You to Demarest, including, without limitation, newsletters, events, invitations, reminders, thank-you notes, among others;
- To create a database of Demarest suppliers and service providers;
- To populate a database with candidates for job vacancies, internship and provision of services at Demarest;
- To create a database of employees, Alumni members, committees and other groups;
- To create data record for suppliers and execution of related contracts/agreements;
- To protect, advocate and manage the interests of Demarest;
- To comply with applicable legislation;
- To comply with any other claim You have made to Demarest.
Demarest may store your Personal Data for the time needed to fulfill the purposes outlined above, as well as for compliance with the law or any rule applicable, as the case may be. To determine the manner and duration of the Processing of your Personal Data by Demarest, the nature of your Personal Data provided to Demarest and the purpose of the Processing will be considered.
Demarest will not market your Personal Data. However, your Personal Data may be shared with third parties in Brazil or abroad in order to adequately fulfill the purposes listed above, as well as to comply with a court order or decision of any other competent authority to do so, according to applicable law. In all cases, Demarest undertakes to strictly share Personal Data that may be necessary to fulfill the respective purpose or to comply with the respective specific order, as the case may be.
Demarest and any third parties with whom your Personal Data may be shared comply with security standards required to prevent and remedy unauthorized access to Personal Data, using the applicable means and recommended security standards to protect every data, to the extent where such means are technically and operationally feasible.
- LINKS OF THIRD PARTIES
If you wish to access, change or delete your Personal Data provided to Demarest, please contact us by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and we will take the necessary action and/or answer you within a reasonable time, according to Demarest technical and operational feasibility. Demarest may also ask You to update your Personal Information from time to time.
Finally, if you have received a communication from Demarest and would rather not have received it, please let us know through the “Unsubscribe” link on the respective email, or send us an email to email@example.com.
The purpose of Demarest will be to meet all the above demands as soon as possible.
Last update: 12/17/18