Partners:Amanda Nunes Sampaio Angela Cignachi Baeta Neves Camila Biral Vieira da Cunha Martins Cesar Rossi Machado Christiane Meneghini Silva de Siqueira Fernanda de Gouvêa Leão Fernanda Stefanelo Fernando Del Picchia Maluf Guilherme Fontes Bechara Luiz Fernando Henry Sant’Anna Maria Aparecida Gonçalves Rodrigues Maria Helena Ortiz Bragaglia Marques Newton Coca Bastos Marzagao Ricardo de Carvalho Aprigliano Rosi Costa Barros
More than 70 years of success in dispute resolution in a wide variety of dispute areas.
Disputes are inherent in the business world. High-profile clients from around the world entrust our professionals with their most complex litigation related to Brazilian law or business involving Brazil within a regional or international scope.
More than seven decades of experience in this practice has afforded Demarest broad knowledge across different sectors of the market, both in commercial and legal aspects. As a result of this, the average percentage of success in cases represented by Demarest is around 90%. In each case, our commitment is to always resolve our client’s disputes with minimal impact to their business, mitigating risks and – whenever possible – avoiding lengthy and costly litigation.
Besides specialized technical knowledge, the firm draws on a large talent pool utilizing its multidisciplinary capabilities to offer the most efficient and creative solutions, always respecting your company’s values and principles.
Our lawyers are experts in different areas of law related to the goods and services sectors. Our expertise spans the full range of litigation, from counsel to mediation and arbitration, and from internal investigations to multidisciplinary technical work in the collection, discovery, and analysis of all types of evidence in litigation and corporate investigations.
Demarest’s partnerships in the international market also provide the client with a full spectrum of services, including related to cross-border disputes, whether in emerging economies or traditional markets.
Our scope of work includes:
- Consensual solutions that prevent, avoid and settle dispute through negotiation, mediation and conciliation techniques without filing a lawsuit;
- Preparing to face the dispute in the best way possible, with a focus on the impacts on your company;
- Advice and training for business areas in order to review internal processes and create preventive measures;
- Strategic and proactive action before administrative, judicial, and arbitration courts in Brazil and worldwide;
- Client representation in arbitration proceedings, lawsuits before all Federal Courts, including the Superior Courts, and administrative litigation before Regulatory Agencies.
We guide, advise, and represent our clients to go beyond defending their rights: our purpose is to seek the best result for their companies.
Insights of Dispute Resolution
Market Arbitration Chamber publishes four new resolutions that provide for arbitrations
24 de January de 2024
Extrajudicial Search and Seizure of Movable Assets Given as Collateral in the Form of Fiduciary Transfer
8 de January de 2024
Statute of limitations: Opportunity to close cases concerning consumer matters
26 de December de 2023