Andre Luis Leme
Compliance and Investigations
Partner in the Corporate Investigations area at Demarest, focused on Compliance matters, André Leme holds a specialization in Fundamental Law from Universidade de Coimbra and a bachelor’s degree in Law from USP. He concentrates his practice in advising clients on Administrative Accountability Proceedings (“PAR”), drafting legal opinions on accountability under the anti-corruption legislation, as well as implementing and reviewing compliance and integrity programs. Andre also has extensive experience coordinating highly complex internal investigations and carrying out compliance audits within the scope of corporate transactions. He is SCCE’s Certified Compliance and Ethics Professional – International (CCEP-I) and holds a certification in Healthcare Compliance from CEBXs.
- Conducted an internal independent investigation for CNP Seguros – a joint venture between Caixa Seguridade, a subsidiary of Caixa Econômica Federal, and the subsidiary of French Insurance company CNP –, due to claims from Canal Seguro probe, which targeted Wiz Soluções and CNP Seguros’ executives for the alleged crimes of fraudulent management, embezzlement, and money laundering.
- Advised EcoRodovias Concessões e Serviços S.A. in an independent internal investigation to ascertain alleged irregularities in the concession contracts signed with the state of Paraná – the National Department of Roads of Paraná [Departamento Nacional de Estradas e Rodagens do Paraná]. The outcomes of the referred investigation led to a leniency agreement.
- Specialization in Fundamental Law from Universidade de Coimbra, Coimbra, Portugal (2011)
- Bachelor of Laws from Universidade de São Paulo (USP), São Paulo, Brazil (2010)
- Member of the Society of Corporate Compliance and Ethics (SCCE)
- Member of the Compliance Committee of the Lawyers Institute of São Paulo (IASP)
- Portuguese, English and French