Priscila Faricelli de Mendonça
Partner in Demarest’s Tax practice area, Priscila Faricelli holds a master’s degree in Tax Law from USP and a specialization in Civil Procedural Law from Escola Paulista de Direito, in São Paulo. Priscila is regularly sought after as a source for the main publications of Brazil, which seek her opinion on tax and procedural law matters, with recognized participation in important negotiations between tax authorities and taxpayers, as well as extensive work in the higher courts. She has acted frequently as a speaker on some of the most important topics of Tax Law and has been invited to events organized not only by private entities, but also by the Public Authorities and the Judiciary. She is frequently recognized by the main legal rankings, including Análise Advocacia, International Tax Review and Chambers & Partners.
- With a focus in judicial litigation and an extensive work on the superior courts, participates in strategic actions to defend important tax matters at the judicial level, mainly those about which Courts do not yet have a settled case law, such as goodwill amortization, issues related to transfer pricing and legality of CIDE-software, procedural aspects related to compensation, as well as in the modulation of decisions in cases with merit already judged, and among other important tax issues not yet ruled on by the Brazilian High Courts.
- Plans the migration of fiscal disputes from the administrative sphere to the judicial sphere, especially with creative and effective strategies to avoid the presentation of guarantees, as well as conducting the probationary phase in order to increase the chances of a favorable outcome in the Judiciary.
- Acts in commercial arbitrations both as an expert and as a lawyer, given that tax aspects have constantly been a backdrop to corporate and regulatory disputes.
- Master’s degree in Civil Procedural Law from the University of São Paulo (USP), São Paulo, Brazil (2013)
- Specialization in Tax Law from Escola Paulista de Direito, São Paulo, Brazil (2008)
- Bachelor of Laws degree from PUC – São Paulo (USP), São Paulo, Brazil (2004)
- Co-organizer of the book " Arbitragem tributária: desafios institucionais brasileiros e a experiência portuguesa [Tax Arbitration: Brazilian Institutional Challenges and the Portuguese Experience]", Thomson Reuters Brazil, 2018.
- Author of the article "Arbitragem tributária: como replicar o modelo português na realidade brasileira [Tax arbitration: how to replicate the Portuguese model in the Brazilian reality]", Revista de Arbitragem Tributária, 2018.
- Author of the chapter "Celebração de negócio jurídico processual para fins de garantia tributária [Celebration of procedural legal business for tax purposes]", in the book "Garantias judiciais no processo tributário: cenários, perspectivas e desafios Judicial [guarantees in the tax process: scenarios, perspectives and challenges]", Blucher, 2018.
- Author of the article "Ação 14: A Solução Dos Conflitos Tributários No Contexto Do BEPS1 [Action 14: The Resolution of Tax Conflicts in the Context of BEPS1]", Revista Jurídica Luso Brasileira, 2017.
- Author of the chapter "A Arbitragem em Matéria Tributária e o Sistema Normativo Brasileiro [Arbitration in Tax Matters and the Brazilian Normative System]" in the book "Arbitragem e Administração Pública: Temas Polêmicos [Arbitration and Public Administration: Controversial Issues]", Migalhas, 2018.
- Author of the book "Arbitragem e Transação Tributárias [Arbitration and Tax Transactions]", Gazeta Jurídica, 2014.
- Member of the Brazilian Institute of Procedural Law – IBDP
- Member of the Brazilian Arbitration Committee – CBAr
- Member of the Brazilian Center for Judicial Studies and Research – CEBEPEJ
- Member of the Center for Advanced Studies in Civil Procedure – CEAPRO
- Tax Committee Coordinator of CESA (Center for Law Firm Studies)
- Portuguese and English
Insights related to Priscila Faricelli de Mendonça
RFB publishes normative ruling to regulate article 25-a of Decree 70,235/1972
10 de January de 2024