A NEW PERSPECTIVE
Everything is constantly in a state of change: Disruption is the new reality.
In recent years, we have experienced major transformations in the means of accessing products and payment methods, in communications, in work structures, in the demands for new technologies and solutions.
Startups not only keep up with these transformations, but indeed are also the precursors of these changes.
As a result, investors from different segments are paying close attention to the intense expansion process that the Brazilian Startup market is going through. These companies, in turn, need customized legal assistance that is adapted to a fully innovative business reality.
Attentive to this reality, we launched DISRUPT, an initiative that offers solutions for these new businesses spearheaded by Startups.
We have structured a specialized multidisciplinary team to assist:
- Startups of different sizes and segments;
- Investors interested in the new opportunities created by the Startups; and
- Our clients that are looking for early stage Startups to solve their technology and innovation needs.
With a differentiated fee structure, fully adaptable to the particular situation of each company and investor, our multidisciplinary team has acted on the following fronts:
- partnering Startups with incubators; and
- guidance on formatting a structured business model to attract investments and expand the business.
How can we help?
The following are just some of the legal services we are able to provide:
- Assistance to the entrepreneur with choosing the most appropriate corporate structure for the company to be constituted;
- Assistance with choosing the investment fundraising format that will deliver maximum results;
- Assistance with banking matters, especially for fintechs;
- Guidance on the taxation model with direct impact on the pricing of the product or service and on the distribution of returns to partners and investors;
- Assesment of labor issues to define the best system for hiring employees, considering costs and labor and social security risks;
- Drafting of contracts that will bring more certainty and predictability to the relationships with suppliers, partners and users, as well as contribute to good governance, something decisive in attracting the attention of investors;
- Development of Compliance Programs to prevent and control corruption-related risks;
- Guidance on protection of marks and creations, through analysis of issues involving Intellectual Property as well as adaptation of communication channels, products and services to the requirements of the Brazilian General Personal Data Protection Law (LGPD);
- Assistance with matters related to Consumer Law;
- Conducting due diligence in preparation for presentations to secure investments;
- Assistance to Startups and investors with any and all legal matters through our full-service firm structure.
Demarest + SMU Investimentos
We have a partnership with SMU Investimentos, the first Investment Crowdfunding platform in Brazil, which helps Startups to access investment opportunities in an intelligent way and for investors to identify Startups with the greatest market potential, diversifying their investments with the best offers.
SMU is the first and largest crowdfunding platform in Brazil. It is duly registered with the Brazilian Securities and Exchange Commission (CVM) and played a fundamental role in the preparation of CVM Instruction 588, which regulates investment crowdfunding. SMU has raised more than BRL30 million for more than 20 Startups, with investors in all states of Brazil.
CLICK HERE and enroll your Startup in the Demarest + SMU Investimentos program.