Insurance, Reinsurance, Health and Private Pension
Partner in Demarest's Insurance, Reinsurance, Health and Private Pension practice area, Laura Pelegrini holds a master's degree in Law from PUC-SP, a postgraduate degree in Diffuse and Collective Rights from PUC-SP and in Contract Law from Escola Paulista de Direito. Laura teaches postgraduate courses in Insurance Law at several institutions (ESA-OAB/SP, ENS and CESUSC), as well as the FGV Qualification Course for Insurance Brokers. She has also been recognized in the Insurance area by Chambers and Legal 500, a legal publication that ranked her as Insurance Rising Star of the Year in 2023. Laura has more than 14 years of experience in the insurance and reinsurance area, providing comprehensive advisory services and resolving claims involving corporate and personal insurance.
- Represented Generali in the negotiation and restructuring of the commercial agreement entered into with Banco BMG for the exclusive distribution of insurance products through its distribution channels.
- Represented the interests of a local reinsurer in an arbitration brought by a Brazilian insurer to challenge the denial of reinsurance coverage resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic in Life and Personal Accident Reinsurance Contracts.
- Advised on the settlement of a number of cyber losses for a local insurance company, involving cyber attacks caused by ransomware, coordinating the analysis of insurance coverage in conjunction with technical specialists.
- Represented a travel assistance company in a mediation procedure involving a local insurer, in order to settle accounts between the parties as a result of the termination of a commercial agreement and insurance representation that had been in force for 5 years.
- Represented Brazilian insurance companies in the settlement of D&O claims in connection with lawsuits and administrative proceedings involving consequences of the Operation Car Wash investigations.
- Master’s degree in Diffuse and Collective Rights from Pontifícia Universidade Católica de São Paulo (PUC-SP), Brazil (2018)
- Postgraduate degree in Collective Rights from Pontifícia Universidade Católica de São Paulo (PUC-SP), Brazil (2016)
- Postgraduate degree in Contract Law from Escola Paulista de Direito, São Paulo, Brazil (2011)
- Bachelor of Laws from Faculdade de Direito de São Bernardo do Campo, São Bernardo do Campo, Brazil (2009)
- President of the Personal Insurance Group of AIDA BRASIL
- Member of the Insurance and Reinsurance Law Committee of the Brazilian Bar Association - São Paulo Section (OAB/SP)
- Member of the Insurance Law Committee of the Lawyers Institute of São Paulo (IASP)
- Portuguese and English