Legal intelligence to provide more certainty for business.
Demarest’s Insurance, Reinsurance, Health and Private Pension team is 100% dedicated to providing trustworthy and valuable assistance to our clients within the domestic and international scopes. Our comprehensive practice ranges from the constitution and registration of supervised bodies to the regulation of insurance claims and high-complexity litigation.
We assist our clients through the supported by the talent and experience of lawyers from numerous practice areas, such as dispute resolution, corporate, compliance, data protection and tax, on matters such as:
- Constitution and registration of insurers, reinsurers, open and closed private pension entities, health care plan operators, and brokers, including authorizations in the Sandbox environment;
- Regulation of high-complexity insurance claims in all branches of insurance;
- Representation of insurers, reinsurers, pension plan entities and health operators in lawsuits and arbitrations;
- Corporate advice specialized in M&A projects of sectors and portfolio transfers;
- Issuance of debts to the insurance and reinsurance market, including subordinated debt and Insurance Risk Note;
- Advice to Insurtechs and Healthtechs in the market, from consulting on the structure of private equity and venture capital investments to their effective operation;
- Elaboration of products, specifications, and regulations;
- Development of internal policies and controls (compliance);
- Review of contracts and legal advice on reinsurance;
- Legal opinions on regulatory and coverage issues;
- Advice on representation contracts, stipulations, insurance distribution and partnerships with MGAs;
- Defense in sanctioning administrative proceedings and audit advice;
- In-company training on insurance products and standards.
Insights of Insurance, Reinsurance, Health and Private Pension
Insurance Law Bill: favorable opinion issued with substitute amendment
15 de December de 2023