Tomás Filipe Schoeller Paiva
Infrastructure and Project Finance Privacy, Technology and Cybersecurity Public and Regulatory Law Telecommunications, Media and Technology
Partner in the practice areas of Telecommunications, Media and Technology, Infrastructure and Project Finance, and Public and Regulatory Law at Demarest, Tomás Filipe Schoeller Paiva holds a PhD in Constitutional Law from the Université Paris I Panthéon-Sorbonne and the University of São Paulo (USP), a master’s degree in Constitutional Law from the University of Lisbon and a postgraduate degree in Competition Law from the University of Brasília (UNB). He has extensive experience in the field of telecommunications regulation, new technologies, media and data protection. Tomás is recognized in some of the most prominent international legal publications, such as Chambers & Partners, The Legal 500, Global Data Review and Expert Guides.
- Advised on important regulatory approvals in Brazil involving telecommunications and media markets, such as the acquisition of V.tal by BTG investment vehicles, WarnerMedia by AT&T, and VRIO (SKY and DirecTVGo) by the Werthein Group.
- Advised two media conglomerates in regulatory disputes at ANATEL and ANCINE on the framing of audiovisual streaming offers in Brazil.
- Advised several local and foreign companies in regulatory proceedings before ANATEL, including obtaining authorizations for the provision of telecommunications services and for the use of radio frequencies.
- Advised important OTT companies in the process of releasing the 6 GHz band for the implementation of Wi-Fi6E technology in Brazil.
- Advised an important satellite operator in obtaining landing rights for operation in the Brazilian market.
- PhD in Constitutional Law from Université Paris I – Panthéon-Sorbonne, Paris, France (2015)
- PhD in Constitutional Law from the University of São Paulo (USP), São Paulo, Brazil (2015)
- Master’s degree (LL.M) in Constitutional Law from the University of Lisbon, Lisbon, Portugal (2010)
- Postgraduate degree in Competition Law from the University of Brasília (UNB), Brasília, Brazil (2007)
- Bachelor of Laws from Centro Universitário de Brasília, Brasília, Brazil (2007)
- Member of the Brazilian Association of Information Technology and Communications Law (ABDTIC)
- Portuguese, English, French and Spanish
Insights related to Tomás Filipe Schoeller Paiva
A guide to the new regulation of sports betting and online casino games
24 de January de 2024
Analysis of the impacts of the sports betting MP from the perspective of five legal areas
31 de July de 2023
Demarest launches guide to the regulation of gambling, e-games and betting in Brazil
19 de January de 2023