Insights > Media


Demarest advises Goldman Sachs on the acquisition of Symbiosis

April 17th, 2024

Demarest advised Goldman Sachs, and its managed fund Carbon Solutions Fund LP on the acquisition, through its wholly-owned subsidiary, BA Mata Atlântica, of 49% of the capital stock of Symbiosis Florestal, while Symbiosis Investimentos e Participações remained the holder of the remaining 51% of the capital stock. The transaction marks first investment made by Carbon Solutions Fund, a Restore Fund (financed by Apple) in carbon offset impact projects in Brazil.