Lucas Tavares Bueno
Agribusiness China Desk Corporate Mergers and Acquisitions Real Estate
Partner in Demarest’s Mergers and Acquisitions, Corporate Law and Real Estate practice areas and member of the firm’s Board of Directors, Lucas Tavares Bueno holds a LLM from Northwestern University (USA) and an MBA in Finance from Fundação Instituto de Administração in São Paulo. Specialized in Corporate Law, he concentrates his practice in Corporate, Mergers and Acquisitions, Real Estate and Contracts. His international experience includes having worked at the Marval, O'Farrell & Mairal offices in Buenos Aires (Argentina) and the Demarest office in New York (USA).
- Advised Sinoma on the negotiation of the agreements to regulate the use of an industrial site in Camaçari, owned by Savoy. An industrial unit to produce blades for wind powered energy turbines will be installed in the premises, and the agreements dealt also with the rules for the development of the expansion project for new buildings. The negotiations involved the Bahia State government as well, due to regulatory issues related to the property, to the expansion plans and to the activities to be performed by Sinoma.
- Lucas advised Lupo, a century-old leader in the Brazilian underwear market, on the acquisition of a production plant located in the state of Ceará, sold by Marisol Vestuário, owner of several Brazilian brands of children’s clothing. The deal includes the acquisition of the real estate property where the facility is located and the transfer of certain assets and employees to Lupo.
- Advised Stafford Timberland VI Investment Nominee and RMS International LLC in the sale of 100% of Rio da Areia Administração de Reflorestamento and, indirectly, ZM4 Indústria e Comércio de Madeiras to Klabin. The transaction marks an important expansion of Klabin’s operations in the agribusiness segment.
- Assisted Questrade Consultoria em Tecnologia da Informação in the acquisition of 100% of the capital stock of Vizir Software Studio Comércio e Serviços de Informática.
- Advised Fertilizantes Tepeyac (through its Brazilian subsidiary, Tepeyac Brasil Participações) in the acquisition of 70% of Spaço Agrícola's equity interest from several relevant investors. Through this transaction, Tepeyac will also acquire, indirectly, Spaço Agrícola Piracanjuba and Spaço Agrícola Jataí. The target companies main activities are the wholesale of agricultural defensive agents, fertilizers, seeds, legumes and soil correctives, among others.
- LLM (Master of Laws) with honors, from Northwestern University, Illinois, United States (2014)
- MBA in Finance by the Fundação Instituto de Administração (FIA), São Paulo, Brazil (2010)
- Post-Graduate course in Negotiation from Universidad Católica Argentina, Buenos Aires, Argentina (2005)
- Post-Graduate course in Accounting and Finance from the University of São Paulo (FIA-USP), São Paulo, Brazil (2002)
- Bachelor of Laws from the Pontifical Catholic University of São Paulo (PUC-SP), São Paulo, Brazil (2001)
- Portuguese, English and Spanish
Insights related to Lucas Tavares Bueno
RFB decides that Special Tax Regime is applicable to housing developments under an allocation of assets system
4 de April de 2023