Ana Carolina B. Audi
Listed Companies Mergers and Acquisitions Private Equity and Venture Capital Telecommunications, Media and Technology
Partner in the areas of Mergers and Acquisitions, Private Equity and Venture Capital at Demarest, Ana Carolina Botto Audi holds a joint master’s degree in Mergers and Acquisitions, Corporate Finance and Securities Regulation from the University of Pennsylvania and Wharton Business School (USA), and a master’s degree in Civil Law from PUC-SP. She is licensed to practice law both in Brazil and the state of New York. She concentrates her practice in advising national and international companies in the negotiation of transactional matters, including structuring purchase and sale transactions, acquisitions of equity interests (privately and on the stock exchange), drafting complex commercial contracts and joint ventures, reorganizations that include tax, regulatory, operational and strategic aspects, both domestic and multi-jurisdictional. Ana Carolina has particular expertise in advising private equity funds, family offices and other institutional investors. Ana Carolina also has extensive experience in special situations and litigation/arbitrations involving strategic and corporate commercial issues. Recently, she led the team that advised the firm Alvarez & Marsal in the first SPAC in Brazil.
- Advised the Werthein Group in the acquisition of 100% of DirectTV’s business (Vrio Corp) and Sky’s operations.
- Advised Alvarez & Marsal in the legal structuring and registration as a publicly held company of the first Special Purpose Acquisition Company (“SPAC”) in Brazil granted by the CVM.
- Advised Laureate in the sale of 100% of the Laureate International Universities network to Ânima, following a go-shop process and higher bid against Ser Educacional.
- Advised SoftBank in the acquisition of shares of Creditas in the Series D investment round, in the total amount of approximately USD 231 million. Advised SoftBank on its investment in the startup Buser, a virtual marketplace for bus chartering.
- Advised Viveo and its controlling shareholder, DNA Capital, in various acquisitions, including: Cirúrgica Mafra Group; Life – Laboratório de Insumos Farmacêuticos Estéreis; FAMAP Nutrição Parenteral e Aporte Nutricional; Hospshop – Comércio, Importação, Exportação, Alminhana (PHD); FW, one of the largest national producers of wet wipes.
- Advised Digital Realty in the acquisition of Ascenty, a leading infrastructure, technology and data center company in Brazil, previously held by private equity firm Great Hill Partners, for an amount of USD 1.8 billion; Also advised Digital Realty in the establishment of a joint venture with Brookfield for the operation of Ascenty.
- Advised Bottega, the Luxembourg holding company of the Cimcorp Group, leading a group of investors, including White Oak Capital, HIG White Horse, Permira, Investek, and strategic investor Servest, in the acquisition of the multinational Getronics for EUR 220 million. Advised the Cimcorp Group in the acquisition of the entire share capital of Resource Holding (controller of Resource Group), Resource IT Chile and Resource IT Colombia, for a total amount of approximately USD 250 million; Advised the Salomão Zoppi laboratory in its sale to DASA for BRL 600 million.
- Master’s Degree in Mergers and Acquisitions, Corporate Finance and Securities Regulation from the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, United States.
- Master’s Degree in Mergers and Acquisitions and Corporate Finance from The Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, United States.
- Master’s Degree in Civil Law from the Pontifical Catholic University of São Paulo (PUC-SP), São Paulo, Brazil.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law from Pontifical Catholic University of São Paulo (PUC-SP), São Paulo, Brazil.
- Member of the New York State Bar Association.
- Member of ABVCAP – Brazilian Venture Capital and Private Equity Association.
- Member of ABRASCA – Brazilian Listed Companies Association.
- Portuguese and English