Partners:Ana Carolina B. Audi João Paulo Bueno Minetto Leticia Galdino Wanderley Luiz Felipe Eustaquio Maiara Madureira Mendes Paula Magalhães Thiago Barbosa Sandim Thiago Giantomassi Medeiros
Companies that wish to raise funds in the market through offerings of shares or other instruments, or that already have shares or other securities listed on organized markets, such as stock exchanges in Brazil or abroad, can trust in the excellence of Demarest’s legal services. Our firm is equipped with a robust team that is highly specialized on the subject, in accordance with Brazilian and international best practices.
The work of our professionals involves providing comprehensive advisory services to clients, through a number of actions across different levels of complexity, in compliance with the rules of the Brazilian Securities and Exchange Commission (“CVM”) and B3 S.A. – Brasil, Bolsa, Balcão. Our services also include analyzing the impact of regulations proposed by regulators or suggestions for improving these regulations.
When it comes to periodic and routine matters, clients can count on Demarest’s professionals to advise on general meetings, from drafting or reviewing documentation (including remote voting) to participating in the meeting itself, as well as drafting, strategizing and disseminating reference forms, governance reports, notices to shareholders, notices to the market and material facts.
Our lawyers are also extremely qualified to advise on highly complex matters. For instance, we advise both on fundraising for listed companies and on strategic decisions by controlling shareholders, boards of directors and market investors, as well as on stakeholder relations, in discussions involving abuse of controlling power, conflicts of interest, fiduciary duties and accountability, structuring of corporate operations, business combinations, in addition to responses to official letters and questions from the CVM, B3 and the National Financial System Appeals Council (“CRSFN”).
Trust in our team to advise your company also on regulatory matters (CVM and B3), public distribution and acquisition offerings (IPOs, Follow-ons and Takeover bids), corporate operations involving listed companies and structuring corporate governance systems.
Check out some of the key services provided by Demarest:
- Drafting and review of documentation involving ordinary and extraordinary general meetings (including remote voting) and active participation in these meetings;
- Advice to the legal and investor relations departments on the drafting of periodic and sporadic documents (Notices, Announcements, Material Facts, Reference Forms, Governance Reports);
- Monitoring sanctioning administrative proceedings and responding to official letters and inquiries from the CVM, B3 and CRSFN;
- Relations with directors, shareholders and stakeholders;
- Corporate restructuring and business combinations;
- Compliance with obligations relating to B3’s special listing segments;
- Assessment and implementation of best corporate governance practices;
- Structuring fundraising for listed companies, using a wide range of market instruments, in Brazil and abroad.