João Paulo Bueno Minetto
Capital Markets Investment Funds and Asset Management Listed Companies Mergers and Acquisitions
Partner in Demarest’s Mergers and Acquisitions and Capital Markets practice areas, João Paulo Minetto holds a master’s degree (LLM) from The University of Pennsylvania and a postgraduate degree from The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, both in the United States. He concentrates his practice in advising domestic and international companies in the negotiation of transactional matters, including structuring operations related to capital market funding, either through equity or debt, including securitization. João Paulo also has broad experience in the purchase and sale of companies, acquisitions of equity interest (privately and on the stock exchange), elaboration of complex commercial contracts and joint ventures, as well as reorganizations, both domestic and multi-jurisdictional.
- Advised Banco Inter and Inter Platform in a pioneering transaction in the Brazilian market to migrate B3’s shareholding base in Brazil to NASDAQ in the U.S., with unprecedented approvals by B3 and CVM, including the creation of the first BDR program with this feature in Brazil.
- Advised Alvarez & Marsal in the structuring and registration of the first Brazilian SPAC listed as a public company by the Brazilian Securities and Exchange Commission (CVM).
- Advised ISH Tech in public offering with restricted sale efforts, on a firm commitment basis, Amount involved: BRL 130,000,000.00.
- Advised Jive Investments Consultoria in a public offering, of 41 non-convertible debentures of the first issuance of Jive, in a single series. Amount involved BRL 41,000,000.00.
- Advised State Grid: (i) as selling controlling shareholder for CPFL Energia in its RE-IPO; and (ii) in the sale of all 243,771,824 shares owned by CPFL Renováveis (CPFL-R) to CPFL Energia, which used RE-IPO revenue to buy the shares.
- Advised GIC, the Singapore’s sovereign-wealth fund, as a selling shareholder in the private offering of Rede D’Or São Luiz. GIC sold its jointly owned shares with Carlyle, which resulted in one of the largest collective transactions of the year.
- GIC as a selling shareholder in the IPO of Rede D’Or São Luiz S.A., the largest IPO in Brazil since 2013.
- Wharton Business and Law Certificate from The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, USA (2011)
- Master’s degree (LLM) from The University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, USA (2011)
- Bachelor of Laws from the University of São Paulo (USP), São Paulo, Brazil (2005)
- Portuguese and English
Insights related to João Paulo Bueno Minetto
Investment Funds and Structured Operations Newsletter – January 2024
22 de February de 2024
CVM opens public consultation to streamline regulations applicable to management entities of organized markets
18 de January de 2024