Maria Helena Ortiz Bragaglia Marques
Consumer and Retail Dispute Resolution Wealth and Succession Structuring
Partner in Demarest’s Dispute Resolution, Consumer and Retail and Wealth and Succession Structuring practice areas, Maria Helena Ortiz Bragaglia holds a specialization in Civil Procedure Law from Pontifícia Universidade Católica de São Paulo (PUC-SP) and a Bachelor of Laws from Faculdade de Direito das Faculdades Metropolitanas Unidas. She represents local and foreign companies in judicial and administrative disputes involving civil, commercial and consumer law matters. Specifically in relation to Consumer Law, she has more than ten years of experience, especially in administrative procedures and lawsuits involving recall issues, having participated in the main public calls in the country in the period, which provided her to maintain very close contact with the main agencies and regulatory bodies of Brazil. She also assists clients in drafting wills, donation contracts, and in judicial procedures for altering property regimes, among others.
- Responsible for the management, conduction and definition of strategy of cases of civil, commercial and consumer nature of clients acting in the most varied sectors of the economy, namely: automotive, pharmaceutical, technology, services, retail, among others.
- Advises a German company in an arbitration proceeding against the background of the construction of Arena de Manaus, one of the stadiums that the 2014 World Cup matches in Brazil. Amount involved R $ 10 million.
- Advises a renowned pharmaceutical laboratory in a judicial process that discusses the validity of a bidding procedure initiated by the Ministry of Health for the concentrated acquisition of a specific line of medicines for all States. Amount involved – R$ 8 million.
- Advises a company that works in the sector of automotive parts manufacturing in a judicial process that discusses the revocation of the donation of a land in which such company built a manufacturing park. Amount involved – R$ 20 million.
- Advises renowned automotive company in structuring, deflagration and follow-up of all recalls, including preparing media plan. Values involved – invaluable.
- Post-graduation in Civil Procedural Law by the Pontifical Catholic University of São Paulo (PUC-SP), São Paulo, Brazil (2001)
- Bachelor of Laws by the Law School of the United Metropolitan Colleges (FMU), São Paulo, Brazil (1995)
- Member of the Consumer Committee of the Brazilian Institute of Competition, Consumption and Foreign Trade Studies (IBRAC)
- Member of Lex Mundi’s Product Liability and Product Safety Group
- Portuguese and English
Insights related to Maria Helena Ortiz Bragaglia Marques
A guide to the new regulation of sports betting and online casino games
24 de January de 2024
Statute of limitations: Opportunity to close cases concerning consumer matters
26 de December de 2023