Leticia Galdino Wanderley
Banking and Finance Capital Markets Corporate Investment Funds and Asset Management Listed Companies Mergers and Acquisitions Private Equity and Venture Capital
Partner in the areas of Investment Funds and Resource Management, Capital Markets and Mergers and Acquisitions at Demarest, Letícia Galdino Wanderley holds an LLM in Corporate Law from New York University (NYU), participated in the Center for Transnational Legal Studies coordinated by Georgetown University, in London, and holds a Bachelor of Laws from the University of São Paulo (USP). Leticia has extensive experience with investment funds, especially structured funds, in addition to advising investment banks, closely- and publicly-held companies, investors, administrators and managers of securities portfolios and financial advisors in local and international operations, in a variety of sectors of the economy, such as the energy, infrastructure, agribusiness and financial sectors, among others. Letícia is admitted by the OAB and is also licensed to practice law in the state of New York (NY BAR).
- Advised BB Gestão de Recursos – Distribuidora de Títulos e Valores Mobiliários SA in the structuring of the BB Fundo de Investimento de Crédito FIAGRO – Imobiliário, an investment fund in agro-industrial production chains aimed at investing in agribusiness financial assets, pursuant to Law No. 8,668 and CVM Instruction 472, as well as UBS Brasil Corretora de Câmbio, Títulos e Valores Mobiliários SA in the public distribution of shares of said fund, raising a total of BRL 400,516,400.00.
- Advised Syngenta Proteção de Cultivos Ltda. and Syngenta Seeds Ltd. in the structuring and constitution of the Syngenta Tech I Fundo de Investimento em Direitos Creditórios, a credit rights investment fund structured within the scope of CVM Instruction 356, totaling BRL 800,000,000.00 in funding, aimed at financing customers (rural producers and resellers) in the purchase of inputs through a funding structure with a fully digital format, in which customers use a platform created exclusively for this purpose, with origination and verification of backing performed 100% electronically, enabling the increase of customer diversification with access to such finance. The Fund’s administrator is Banco Daycoval S.A., and Banco Santander (Brasil) S.A. acted as lead coordinator of the offering.
- Advised Banco Inter SA and shareholders João Vitor Nazareth Menin Teixeira de Souza and Rubens Menin Teixeira de Souza (Familia Menin) in negotiating the terms of the investment to be made by Stone in Banco Inter, through Stone’s participation as an anchor investor in the public offering of shares (follow-on) to be implemented by Banco Inter. After this transaction, he advised intermediary institutions in implementing the follow-on of Banco Inter, in a public offering of shares and units that raised R$ 5.49 billion, through which Stone’s investment in Banco Inter was made.
- Advised Creditas Soluções Financeiras Ltda., the main online platform for guaranteed credit in Brazil, in the structuring and implementation of credit rights investment funds (FIDC) in Brazil for various transactions, involving credits originating through an electronic platform managed by Creditas.
- Advised Focus Energia Holding Participações S.A. and its selling controlling shareholders in the Initial Public Offering (IPO) of Focus, in the total amount of BRL 772,649,96.16. The common shares were listed on B3 S.A. – Brasil, Bolsa, Balcão, in the Novo Mercado segment, and were subject to international placement.
- Mestrado (LLM) em Corporation Law pela New York University (NYU), New York, EUA (2016)
- Specialization in Commercial Law from the University of São Paulo (USP), São Paulo, Brazil (2013)
- Bachelor of Laws from the University of São Paulo (USP), São Paulo, Brazil (2011)
- International Specialization Program in Transnational Law, Center for Transnational Legal Studies (CTLS), Georgetown University Law Center, London, United Kingdom (2009)
- Member of the Financing and Guarantees Committee of the Brazilian Association of Infrastructure and Basic Industries (Abdib)
- Portuguese, English and Spanish
Insights related to Leticia Galdino Wanderley
Investment Funds and Structured Operations Newsletter – January 2024
22 de February de 2024