Carlos Eduardo Marino Orsolon
Automotive Consumer and Retail DISRUPT – Solutions for Startups Life Sciences Private Equity and Venture Capital Sports and Entertainment Tax
Partner of Demarest’s Tax practice, Carlos Eduardo Marino Orsolon holds a post-graduate degree in Tax Law from PUC-SP, as well as specializations in Corporate Taxes from CEU and in Corporate Accounting from Saint Paul Business School. He has a strong presence in the conducting of administrative tax procedures before the Brazilian Tax Appeals Board (CARF) in Brasilia, and is recognized particularly for his great attention to the details of the matter under discussion, which often results in favorable decisions to his clients. Carlos Eduardo has extensive experience in tax consulting, specializing in matters related to tax planning involving international operations of mergers and acquisitions (M&A), corporate and tax restructuring, as well as well as corporate taxation in general. He writes articles on the tax area, related mainly to corporate and international taxation, and acts as a speaker on the subject in courses and events held in Brazil and abroad. He is ranked by some of the top legal publications, such as The Legal 500 and Leaders League.
- Advised GE in the sale of shares and segregation of its global electrification solutions business to ABB for a total value of USD 2.6 billion.
- Advised on the global divestment of General Electric’s Water Business to the French group Suez and the Canadian fund CDPQ (Caisse de Dépôt et de Placement du Québec). The deal covered various different jurisdictions (130 countries).
- Advised Datablink and its Brazilian subsidiary, BRToken, on the Brazilian aspects related to the direct sale of Datablink to WatchGuard.
- Advised MRV Engenharia Participações S/A on a proposed acquisition by incorporating the entire participation of the Menin family in AHS Residential for USD 166 million.
- Advised Branco Peres Açúcar E Álcool S/A in the drafting of a memorandum on the possibility of using PIS / COFINS credits on the rural phase of the agro-industrial activity (sugarcane).
- Specialization in Corporate Accounting from Saint Paul Business School, São Paulo, Brazil (2010)
- Post-graduate course in Tax Law by the Pontifical Catholic University of São Paulo (COGEAE-PUC-SP), São Paulo, Brazil (2008)
- Specialization in Corporate Taxes from the Centre of University Extension (CEU), São Paulo, Brazil (2004)
- Bachelor of Laws from the Pontifical Catholic University of São Paulo (COGEAE-PUC-SP), São Paulo, Brazil (2003)
- Portuguese and English
Insights related to Carlos Eduardo Marino Orsolon
RFB publishes normative ruling to regulate article 25-a of Decree 70,235/1972
10 de January de 2024